The Power of Humor in Festival Submissions
In this episode, we discuss the power of humor not only in the film itself but in the film festival submission process as well. Filmmaker really under estimate the power of humor. You have to remember that people enjoy laughing, in the movie theater or during the submission process.
Adding a bit of chuckle or even full-blown laughs might help your chances during the submission process. The creativity does not stop at the end of the edit. Ask yourself which marketing campaign or Super Bowl commercial stuck with you the most?
Chris and I go over our experiences using humor and share a few tips.
TOP FILMMAKING SHOW ON APPLE PODCAST
Here are some of my favorite episodes of The Filmtrepreneur Podcast. If you want to start thinking like a Filmtrepreneur this is a great place to start. New episodes every week. SUBSCRIBE HERE!
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- DSLR Filmmaking Masterclass
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you enjoyed this episode, then watch below:
If you enjoyed this episode of the Filmtrepreneur Podcast, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support. Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
IFH Academy: Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series