Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
How to Self Distribute Your Niche Indie Film with Brad Olsen
Today’s guest is Filmtrepreneur Brad Olsen, director of the documentary Off the Tracks. We discuss his misadventure in distribution. After meeting over 40 traditional distributors Brad decided the best path for his film was self-distribution. I’ve always said that self-distribution is not for everyone but with Off the Tracks it makes perfect sense.
We discuss how he got the word out of his film, got in the press that was in his niche and how he engaged with the audience he was trying to reach. We talk numbers, successes, and failures. It’s a pretty eye-opening interview. So if you are thinking of self-distributing your indie film takes a listen to this episode first.
Enjoy my conversation with Brad Olsen.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Off the Tracks (Final Cut Pro X) – Rent or Watch on Indie Film Hustle TV
- Off the Tracks (Final Cut Pro X) – Official Site
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: FREE AUDIOBOOK
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
- Shooting for the Mob: FREE AUDIOBOOK
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you liked How to Self Distribute Your Niche Indie Film with Brad Olsen, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Self Distribute Your Niche Indie Film with Brad Olsen? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)