Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Rise of the Filmtrepreneur – Listen to Two Chapters for FREE
The day is finally here. My new book Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business is finally out. I’m so excited to share this with you, the IFH Tribe. I’ve been working for months to make this happen. I wanted to give you a sneak peek at the book so in this episode, I’ll be releasing the first two chapters of the audiobook for your listening pleasure. These two chapters set the tone for the book. In the episode, I even show you a way to download the entire book for free.
“Alex Ferrari’s Rise of the Filmtrepreneur is an absolute must-read for serious indie filmmakers seeking to build a sustainable living from making movies. This is a radical shift in the current thinking about how to make money as a creative and puts the power back into the hands of the filmmaker. It is an inspiration.” – CHRIS GORE, FILM THREAT
Here’s a bit of what Rise of the Filmtrepreneur has to offer
It’s harder today than ever before for independent filmmakers to make money with their films. From predatory film distributors ripping them off to huckster film aggregators who prey upon them, the odds are stacked against the indie filmmaker. The old distribution model for making money with indie film is broken and there needs to be a change. The future of independent filmmaking is the entrepreneurial filmmaker or the Filmtrepreneur®.
In Rise of the Filmtrepreneur® author and filmmaker Alex Ferrari breaks down how to actually make money with independent film projects and shows filmmakers how to turn their indie films into profitable businesses. This is not all theory, Alex uses multiple real-world case studies to illustrate each part of his method. This book shows you the step by step way to turn your filmmaking passion into a profitable career. If you are making a feature film, series or any kind of video content, The Filmtrepreneur® Method will set you up for success.
“In this era of DIY filmmaking, it’s not enough to focus solely on the craft. An understanding of how the business works and how you can control your product is a must. This book provides a wealth of actionable info and many of Alex’s most lucrative tips and tricks. You couldn’t ask for a better filmmaking sherpa.” – RICH “RB” BOTTO, FOUNDER/CEO STAGE 32
“The dream of the Sundance lottery ticket is dead, but filmmakers are still asleep. This book is an essential guide to the current independent film landscape – packed with valuable real-world advice, inspiring case studies and industry horror stories. Filmmakers: Ignore this book at your own peril.” – CHRIS SHARPE, CO-FOUNDER YOGA WITH ADRIAN
I really hope you enjoy Rise of the Filmtrepreneur. I truly believe that the only way indie filmmakers will be able to survive the new film economy is by becoming Filmtrepreneurs. My goal for this book is to show filmmakers and creatives that they have to think differently. The old film economy is DEAD. Traditional film distribution is not set up to benefit the indie filmmaker. The cards are stacked against the creative and things need to change.
“This man knows his stuff. The future of indie film is already here. Read this book. Get educated, or get left behind.”– DARIOUS BRITT. WRITER/DIRECTOR @D4DARIOUS
Filmmakers need to take back control of their films and how they generate revenue from them. The day of handing over your film to a predatory film distributor because you believe there is no other choice is over! There is another way and the Filmtrepreneur Method is that way.
“If you buy only one book on filmmaking, buy mine. But if you’re going to buy two, make sure your second one is Rise of the Filmtrepreneur – it’s terrific!” – DAN MIRVISH, CO-FOUNDER SLAMDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
Let me know what you think of the book. Enjoy and…VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: FREE AUDIOBOOK
- Indie Film Hustle TV (BLACK FRIDAY SALE $79.99/year) COUPON: BLACKFRIDAY2019
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- IFH 364: The New Film Marketplace: Why Your Indie Film Isn’t Worth What You Think It Is
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- The Complete Indie Film Producing Workshop with Suzanne Lyons (COUPON CODE: IFHFILMPRODUCE)
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- DSLR Filmmaking Masterclass
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you enjoyed this episode, then watch below:
If you enjoyed this episode of the Filmtrepreneur Podcast, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support. Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
IFH Academy: Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series