Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Top 10 Social Media Rules for Filmtrepreneurs
With social media taking over the world it is more necessary than ever to use it to get the word out on yourself, your film project, or your production company. Most indie filmmakers have no idea of how to build an audience or how to use social media to promote and engage with that audience.
In this podcast, I go into great detail on each of the Top 10 Social Media Rules for Filmtrepreneurs.
- Honor the Platform You are On: Each platform has its unique advantages and disadvantages.
- Create Native Uploads: Uploading a video to Facebook and not just post a Youtube URL is very beneficial. Facebook gives videos uploaded to the platform more reach. The same goes for images. Make sure images sizes work for each platform.
- Post Behind the Scenes Action: People still love seeing the filmmaking process. Don’t forget that.
- Create Different Kinds of Content: Shake it up. Jump from video to pictures to character memes to interview videos. Change your content type often.
- Don’t Under Estimate the Power of the Email: Build that email list!!!!!! Emails still convert 3 times more than social media.
- Hashtags and Harnessing Internet Trends: Why not jump on a train that already has momentum. More on this in the podcast.
- Communicate with your fans: Don’t just post into the ether
- Pick a Handle and Stick to It: Use the same handle across all social media platforms
- Say it with words: Inspirational and funny quotes are huge on social media. Don’t always just post images. Add some fun text to stand out.
- Don’t Assume People will come to your Website: Your main hub for your entire online eco-system should be your website. All forms of marketing should be to drive traffic to that site. Once there hopefully you can get an email or sell a product. On your website, you control the relationship. Not so much on Facebook. I go into great detail on this rule in the podcast.
- Be Creative! Your Filmmaker for God’s Sake: Nuff said!
Take a listen to the podcast to get a full breakdown of each rule.
Most of all these rules have helped me build up my social media reach on multiple social media platforms. Enjoy.
IFH Academy’s Film Distribution: Confidential Course
I’m also announcing the BETA Launch of IFH Academy’s Film Distribution: Confidential Course.
As part of the BETA team you will get:
- Massive discount for early adopters
- Be the first to see new lessons as I create them
- Access to me during the creation of the course
- Give feedback on the lessons and request new lessons
I want this course to be the most comprehensive course on film distribution anywhere in the world and having you be part of the BETA Team will help me do that.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED launch. I’m only making 100 seats available during the BETA Launch. Once they fill up the window will close.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW.
To access the BETA Version of IFH Academy’s Film Distribution: Confidential Course – CLICK HERE
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- DONATE to Feed America to help with people affected by the Coronavirus
- IFH Academy’s Film Distribution: Confidential Course – BETA LAUNCH
- IFH Podcast Network
- Kung Fury
- Twitter Hacks: Get 10,000 Twitter Followers in 10 Weeks
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- The Complete Indie Film Producing Workshop with Suzanne Lyons (COUPON CODE: IFHFILMPRODUCE)
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- DSLR Filmmaking Masterclass
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmtreprenuer Training
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you enjoyed Top 10 Social Media Rules for Filmtrepreneurs, then watch below:
If you enjoyed Top 10 Social Media Rules for Filmtrepreneurs, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Podcasts You Should Be Listening To:
Podcast: Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
Podcast: Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
Podcast: Inside the Screenwriter’s Mind® Podcast
Podcast: The Filmtrepreneur® Podcast
Podcast: Filmmaking Motivation Podcast
IFH Podcast Network: Discover the Best Screenwriting and Filmmaking Podcasts
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series