How to Sell Ancillary Products for Your Indie Film (Pool Party Massacre) with Drew Marvick
Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
For years now I’ve been preaching how filmmakers need to create ancillary products for their indie films. Today’s guest is the definition of a Filmtrepreneur. Drew Marvick is the writer/director of the 80’s style horror indie film Pool Party Massacre.
Drew not only made his film, which took over a year to complete, but decided to target his core audience and sell amazing assortments of products based on his film. The audience ate it up. Check out a few examples of his product line that is specifically tailored to his audience.
Drew and I break down how he came up with his marketing plan, how he sources his classic VHSs, where he had that killer poster made, his sales numbers and how the hell he had an action figured made for a low budget horror film. BTW, check out the amazing artwork he had designed for Pool Party Massacre.
Enjoy my eye-opening conversation with Drew Marvick.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Pool Party Massacre – Rent or Buy
- Drew Marvick – Facebook
- Drew Marvick – Twitter
- Drew Marvick – Instagram
- Pool Party Massacre – Official Site
- Pool Party Massacre – Instagram
- Pool Party Massacre – Twitter
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Full-Time Filmmaker – Online Film School
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you enjoyed How to Sell Ancillary Products for Your Indie Film (Pool Party Massacre) with Drew Marvick, then watch below:
If you enjoyed Creating Revenue Streams from Your YouTube Short Films with Luke Neumann, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)