Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie
Today on the show we have producer’s rep Ben Yennie. Ben has the honor of being the very first guest I ever recorded for the IFH Podcast. He is a wealth of information so get ready to take some notes. As Founder and CEO of Guerrilla Rep Media, where I’ve gotten distribution deals for more than 8 films, that will soon be appearing on Starz and other major outlets across the globe.
Ben is also the Founder and Executive Director of Producer Foundry, as well as Producer of more than 50 events on film finance and distribution. He’s worked with people like Lew Horowitz, the inventor of Indiefilm Gap Financing, Jeff Dowd, Executive Producer of Blood Simple, Fern Gully, and inspiration for “The Dude” from The Big Lebowski. Ben co-founded Global Film Ventures, screened business plans, and advised the Film Angels and is the former chapter leader for the San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Vancouver Chapters of the Institute for International Film Financing. And screened business plans for the Film Angels.
Ben has also worked in the tech industry. Co-Founder of ProductionNext, a new set of next-generation tools designed specifically for the Movie industry. Previously, he’s been VP of Sales for Taal, a Mobile video interview platform for the hospitality industry.
He is also the author of The Guerrilla Rep: American Film Market Distribution Success on No Budget, The First ever book on Film Markets, and used as a text at about 10 film schools. He has also contributed to Office for One, a Sole Proprietor survival guide, and is the author of the upcoming book “The Entrepreneurial Filmmaker.” He also manages the blogs for ProducerFoundry.com and TheGuerrillaRep.com.
Enjoy my conversation with Ben Yennie.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH 015: American Film Market: Selling Your Independent Film with Ben Yennie
- Ben Yennie – Production Next
- Ben Yennie – Twitter
- Official Site – The Guerilla Rep
- Producers Foundary
- The Guerilla Rep: American Film Market Distribution Success on No Budget – FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION
- The Entrepreneurial Producer: A Series of Articles on Growing your Filmmaking Career
- Producer’s Foundry Film Marketing Workshops
- American Film Market
- On the Corner of Ego and Desire
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- The Complete Indie Film Producing Workshop with Suzanne Lyons (COUPON CODE: IFHFILMPRODUCE)
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- DSLR Filmmaking Masterclass
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmtreprenuer Training
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you enjoyed Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie, then watch below:
If you enjoyed Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support.
Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series