Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Making Money Four Walling Your Indie Film with Antonio Pantoja
You should never four wall your indie film in your hometown. That is what most industry professional would say but they don’t know Filmtrepreneur and filmmaker Antonio Pantoja. He decided that four walling his indie film One Must Fall in his hometown of Louisville, KY was the way to go.
In the film industry, four wall distribution (also known as four–walling) is a process through which a studio or distributor rents movie theaters for a period of time and receives all of the box office revenue. The four walls of a movie theater give the term its name. – Wikipedia
One Must Fall is a horror-comedy slasher set in the 80’s about a woman wrongfully fired from her office job and forced to take on a temporary job on a crime scene cleanup crew. With a maniacal serial killer on the loose leaving them lots of work, did he ever leave the scene of the crime?
He was able to turn his little micro-budget horror film screening into a must attend event in town. He had photo ops throughout the theater, he was selling merchandise at the event and even had an after party with a live band.
I was so impressed with what Antonio was able to do with his screening that he will be featured in my new book Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business. Watch the video below to see the madness of his screening.
We breakdown how he was able to sell over 1200 tickets, cultivate a massive online audience around himself and his film and what ancillary products he has created for his film. Enjoy my conversation with Antonio Pantoja.
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
- Antonio Pantoja – Official Site
- Antonio Pantoja – Facebook
- Antonio Pantoja – Vimeo
- One Must Fall
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- The Complete Indie Film Producing Workshop with Suzanne Lyons (COUPON CODE: IFHFILMPRODUCE)
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- DSLR Filmmaking Masterclass
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Tune In
If you enjoyed this episode, then watch below:
If you enjoyed this episode of the Filmtrepreneur Podcast, please spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc by using social media buttons in the post. Feel free to post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks for the support. Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
IFH Academy: Exclusive Filmtrepreneur Training
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series
Please note some of the links in this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.